Privacy & Data Protection.
Menarewards cares about your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal information only as needed to deliver our products, services, websites and mobile applications, and to communicate with you about the same (collectively, our “Services”).
"You", "your", and “user” refers to any individual or entity who accesses our Site or Services, or has access to your account. "We", "us" and "our" refer collectively to (MenaRewards).
This policy is part of incorporated into the Terms of Service agreement (the "TOS"). By providing personal information or other information to us or by using our Site or Services, you agree to this policy and the practices described in the policy.
Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed of the ways in which we use your information, as we seek to so inform you in this Policy.
Right to request access. You have the right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you, please see the section on “Information Requests”, below. The first copy is free of charge, however, a reasonable fee may be charged for subsequent copies.
Right to opt out. You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications that we send to you. You can do this easily by clicking the unsubscribe link on the bottom of marketing emails.
Right to correct and update. You have the right to request that we correct or update any information that we hold about you for accuracy and completeness. For most types of information, you can update your account information by logging in to your account.
Right to be forgotten. You have the right to ask us to delete the personal information we have about you, aka the “right to be forgotten”. This is not an absolute right. Such right covers the following reasons:
- The personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose we originally collected or processed it.
- We are relying on your consent as the lawful basis for processing the data and you withdraw your consent.
- We are relying on legitimate interests as justification for processing your data, but you object to this processing, and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue with the processing.
- We are processing personal data for direct marketing purposes and you object to this processing.
- We processed your personal data unlawfully.
- We must erase personal data in order to comply with a legal ruling or obligation.
- We have processed a child’s personal data.
In such instances we will erase your personal information without undue delay. Please note that we will need to retain any information that is necessary to fulfil our legal obligation and/or KYC requirements, or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim. This may include much of your User Account information, much of which also may be retained by our data escrow provider required thereof.
The right to be forgotten may be overridden where:
- The data is being used to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information.
- The data is being used to comply with a legal ruling or obligation.
- The data is being used to perform a task that is being carried out in the public interest or when exercising an organization’s official authority.
- The data being processed is necessary for public health purposes and serves in the public interest.
- The data being processed is necessary to perform preventative or occupational medicine. This only applies when the data is being processed by a health professional who is subject to a legal obligation of professional secrecy.
- The data represents important information that serves the public interest, scientific research, historical research, or statistical purposes and where erasure of the data would likely to impair or halt progress towards the achievement that was the goal of the processing.
- The data is being used for the establishment of a legal defence or in the exercise of other legal claims.
If you ask us to stop processing your information, this may mean we won't be able to provide all or parts of the services you have requested and if this results in the need to cancel your reservation, you may incur cancellation charges in line with our terms and conditions. While processing is restricted, we may continue to store your data and we will notify you before we begin processing their data again.
Right to Object. You have the right to lodge a complaint to a data protection authority about our collection.
Categories of Information
(MenaRewards) collects personal information about you. How we collect information about you will depend on how you interact with us and what services you arrange with us. Information will be collected when you use the Site or Services, participate in a survey, ask us a question, interact with our social media accounts, etc.
The type of information we collect about you depends on the nature of your interaction with us. Depending on the circumstances, we collect any of the following:
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. This is information that is commonly made available by web browsers and servers, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. (MenaRewards) uses this information to understand how visitors use our Site, diagnose any problems with our server and administer the operation of our Site.
Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information generally means any information that identifies you as an individual, and any other information we associate with it. We collect a few categories of information, from a few different sources:
Individual Data. This includes name, age, address, telephone, mobile, fax, e-mail, IP address, credit card and other payment details, financial information, and other information provided to us by or in relation to you which concern you as an individual.
Business Data. If you are an individual associated with a business or other organization that is our customer, your personal data may include the following information that we link to you: business or organization details, your relationship with that business or organization, and your contact details within that business.
Questions. If you submit a question about our services, you will be asked to provide your name and e-mail address. When you submit a question to our site, contact information is needed so that we can respond.
Information obtained from third parties. We may lawfully obtain both non-personal and personal information about you from business partners, entities affiliated to us, and other independent third-party sources. Examples of information we may receive includes updated contact information such as address and email, and demographic information.
We Use Your Information specifically when we:
- send you communications about your Services;
- provide you with information you have requested;
- verify your identity for fraud prevention purposes;
- create or register a User Account;
- provide support, maintenance or respond to inquiries and/or complaints;
- carry out marketing data surveys, statistics and/or analysis;
- create, send and utilize mailing lists;
- handle system malfunctions, troubleshoot your usage of (MenaRewards) Services, or develop additional functionality based on your feedback;
- contact you regarding your use of the Site or any (MenaRewards) Service;
- seek your views or comments about your experience with the Services, including customer surveys;
- send you marketing communications to which you have subscribed;
- enable us to interact with you on social media platforms, such as publish your reviews, forum posts and other content on our Site;
- optimize or improve our Services and Site;
- resolve any disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- comply with any legal obligations;
- investigating and ensuring compliance with the TOS;
- prevent illegal or unlawful activities;
- protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our employees, or others;
- and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection; and/or
- other separately and explicitly prescribed purposes.
Retention of Information. We retain information for as long as required, allowed or we believe it useful, but do not undertake retention obligations. We may dispose of information at our discretion without notice, subject to any applicable law, if any, that specifically requires the handling or retention of information.
We use your Personal Information as described by this policy to third parties in the following circumstances:
Business function outsourcing. Where we use third parties to host, provide, operate or supply any part of our Sites or Services, databases, systems, business, or services, or carry out on our behalf any of our business functions or actions (including sending mail, processing payments, providing marketing assistance, providing customer and advertising analysis, and providing customer services), then we may provide your personal data to them as required for use for or processing as part of those purposes.
Public forums, communications, etc. Where any facility on our Site is clearly designed to make certain of your personal data public (e.g. posts you make to any public forum or reviews facility) then any personal data you provide in relation to that forum or other facility, which is provided in circumstance where it is clear that it is intended to be published, will be disclosed to the public accordingly, subject to moderation by us at our discretion.
Legal requirements. We may supply personal data to a government authority or regulators (i.e. ICANN) where required to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, or where reasonably required to protect your vital interests. We may disclose your personal data where otherwise required by or permitted by law.
Direct marketing by third parties. We may disclose your personal data to third parties to carry out direct marketing to you, where you have given your prior consent to third parties to carry out direct marketing.
Business acquirers. If our business is ever transferred to a third party, then your personal data will be transferred to the acquirer to enable them to continue our business.
Transfer of personal information abroad. If you utilize our Site or Services from a country other than the country where our servers are located, your personal information may be transferred across international borders. Also, when you call us or initiate a chat, we may provide you with support from one of our global locations outside your country of origin.
Changes and additions
Opt out. You can opt out of receiving promotional emails and mailing by informing us of your preferences when you sign up for a User Account. To stop receiving phone, mail, SMS, and/or email marketing communications from us, you may text “STOP” to a text message from us or click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of an email from us. In addition, you may let us know as directed below in the “Contacting Us” section. Please specify which types of communications you no longer wish to receive, and the relevant telephone number, address, and/or e-mail address. If you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, such as emails about your accounts or purchases.
Information requests. You may request a copy of the following:
(1) The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
(2) The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
(3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling (if applicable) the Personal Information;
(4) The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and
(5) The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
You may request that we delete your Personal Information. Note that deletion requests are subject to certain limitations, for example, we may retain Personal Information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
Your Obligations. You must protect against unauthorized access to your personal information and to your computer.
Our Security Measures. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using a software, which encrypts information you input and the information we may send to our agents. Nevertheless we do not guarantee security, neither people nor security systems are bullet proof, including encryption systems.
Sites provided by (Menarewards) may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware of when they leave our site and to read the privacy policies of each and every site that collects personally identifiable information. This Policy applies solely to information collected by (Menarewards) sites.
Use, Notices and Changes
Privacy Concerns. Your use of the Site or Services, and any dispute over this Policy is subject to the TOS. If you have any concern about our privacy practices or you think we are in default of the TOS, please contact us, and we will try to resolve it.
Notice Required by Law. In those jurisdictions that permit email notice, if we are required to disclose or provide notice of invasion of certain security systems, we will do so by email to the most current email address provided by you to us.
Identity Theft. If you believe that you are a victim of identity theft entitled by law to request information from us, write us at our legal notice address and we will let you know what additional information you must provide to us. After we have received that information, we will supply without charge the information legally required to be disclosed that we then have, subject to applicable law and reserving all of our rights and defences.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us.